If you see this error and your google maps don't load correctly, please do the steps below to troubleshoot the issue:
1. Go to Dashboard > Vamtam > General settings > Paste your Google Maps API Key here
2. If you don't have one, please sign up for a Google Maps API key.
To use a Cloud API, you must enable it for your project. Depending on how many projects are involved, including the client project and resource projects, you may need to enable an API for multiple projects.
Enabling an API requires you to accept the Terms of Service and billing responsibility for the API. You need proper permissions on the project and the API to enable it.
To enable an API for a project using the console:
- Go to the GCP Console API Library.
- From the projects list, select a project or create a new one.
- In the API Library, select the API you want to enable. If you need help finding the API, use the search field and/or the filters.
- On the API page, click ENABLE.
You can disable any APIs for your project that you no longer use to avoid misuse and accidental billing charges.
Q: "There is no field for the Google Maps API key?"
A: If you don't find the Google Maps API key field in Vamtam > General settings, you have to update your theme to the last version, following this guide: How to update a VamTam Theme and the bundled plugins?
Q: "I filled in the correct API key, but my events' maps still don't work?"
A: Please check if you've filled the API key in Events > Settings > APIs > Google Maps API